Friday, September 5, 2014

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!

Often my foreign mentors would tell me when creating new dishes....

From the time I donned by immaculate chef whites up to the time I am ready to hang up my apron, I always believed in retaining the dish's and cuisine's origin. Somehow most purists shun at the word FUSION!

The way I figured to refresh the dish was maintain 80% of the original dish and apply 20% classical French techniques to give a dish a new presentation or approach if you will. For example what can you do with Lasagna making use of ingredients indigenous to the Philippines? Well, I made the lasagna dough from dried taro leaves (Laing) and the fillings were typical ingredients used in Laing- pork strips, shrimps, shrimp paste lemongrass, chili and of course coconut cream. And what do you have....Laing Lasagna!

The dish is still Laing but in pasta form. No fusion here.



No comments:

Post a Comment